Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Common reasons why adults are considering orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart
- Orthodontic preparation for other dental work
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment Options for Adults
Orthodontic treatment doesn't necessarily mean silver braces. Today's orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, esthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Treatment types include:
- Clear Aligners (Invisalign)
- Ceramic Braces
- Iconix Aesthetic (Champagne colored) Braces
- Traditional Braces
- Lingual (Behind the tooth) Braces
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics, please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.