Our Office’s Safety Precautions
To help prevent the transmission of all respiratory infections, including COVID-19, we adhere to standardized infection control measures, such as performing hand hygiene, providing tissues and no-touch receptacles to throw away used tissues, wearing facemasks, and offering facemasks to patients who need them. We use an EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant, as well as appropriate sterilization of all tools and equipment.
While our office already adheres to these standard precautions, there are several common sense procedures we are implementing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Making sure our masks, gloves, and eye protection are appropriate for the procedures performed.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas frequently, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms.
Please contact our office to reschedule your appointment if you feel sick or are experiencing any of the following:
- Shortness of breath
If you have any questions, please give us a call. We are happy to discuss your health status, the dental treatment you require, and whether or not visiting our office will be safe for you, our other patients, and our staff.
How can you prevent contracting or spreading COVID-19?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t have access to soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when you cough or sneeze. Do not use your hands.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Calling in advance will allow your healthcare provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility.
If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call. For more information about what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please visit the World Health Organization website.