Digital 3D Imaging
Bankhead, McDermott & Rodabough Orthodontics uses the most modern digital radiographic technology available. This technology allows us to provide the highest quality dental images possible in 3D.
The Cone Beam CT (CBCT) scan produces 3-D images that provide a unique view of the teeth, jaws and other facial skeletal features. This allows for a more accurate and specific diagnosis and treatment.
Traditional x-ray images are 2-D, flat views that may have inaccuracies and distortions. This also prevents the anatomy of the face to be seen clearly.
The CBCT prevents such distortions and allows for otherwise hidden information such as impacted teeth, missing teeth, and jaw irregularities to be detected.
- One scan creates different images such as a head film, a panorex, and many 3-D views with 1/100th the radiation exposure of a traditional medical CT scan.
- 3-D views to evaluate root positioning to predict more accurate tooth movement.
- Fast and Easy—The 3D scan is a very comfortable procedure that only takes 20 seconds.
- Comprehensive airway views enable our doctors to evaluate tonsils, adenoids, and possible prediction for sleep apnea.
- Our 3D scan data is compatible with all available treatment planning software, enabling your dentist, or other dental specialists to use the same data for the placement of implants, jaw surgery